Every wonder what the impact of having your CEO actively participating in social media could have on your business? Judging by the findings in this cool infographic from Go Gulf there are profound effects brand and business perception both internally and externally when the CEO actively participates on social media sites.
Here are some interesting stats about CEO social media participation:
- Only 47.4 % of CEOs participate on social media sites
- 79% of Inc 500 CEOs and 30% of Fortune 500 CEOs have a presence on at least one social media network
- Most popular social network with CEOs is Twitter, followed closely by LinkedIn and Facebook
- Major benefit of CEOs participation is better communication and improved brand image
The most telling statistics on this infographic are the consumers and employee perceptions:
- 81% of employees believe that CEOs who engage on social media are better equipped to lead companies in the Web 2.0 World
- 77% of consumers are more likely to buy from a company whose CEO and leadership team engage in social media
- 78% of professionals would prefer to work for a company whose leadership is active on social media
What’s your take on CEOs and their participation on social media? Does it change your perception or influence you in any way?