In today’s ever growing and competitive online marketplace SEO is extremely important.. If you’re not actively working on SEO, your competition most certainly is and not only are you missing out on big opportunities for your business, but quite frankly you run the risk of being left behind.
To get you up to speed and understanding key facts related to SEO, take a look at this Infographic below created by SEO Reseller USA. Here are some of the key facts about SEO worth mentioning and sharing that are highlighted:
– The “nofollow” value was originally suggested, in 2005, to stop comment spam in blogs [click to tweet]
– In 2010 – 2011, 74% of companies used Facebook’s PPC advertising option; this number dropped in 2012 to 56% [click to tweet]
– 18% of organic clicks go the the #1 position on Google [click to tweet]
– Content-based SEO is rapidly becoming the new model for internet marketing [click to tweet]
– Half of all marketers cite content as being “very effective” for SEO [click to tweet]
If you haven’t gotten started with SEO, fear not, for today is a new day and what better time to get started then right now. There are alot of helpful tools, resources, and guides to get you up to speed and get you headed in the right direction. One of my personal favorites is this list from KISSmetrics, 58 Resources to Help You Learn and Master SEO, which provides great guides, free tools, and tips and tricks to test and try.
I’m a firm believer that even experts need to work on improving and fine tuning their craft from time to time. If you feel that you are past the beginngers stage and are looking for a more extensive and detailed guide on SEO, check out The Advanced Guide To SEO by Neil Patel on QuickSprout, which is a 9 Chapter, 45,000 word-guide, that taps into advanced SEO techniques that exist today.
Well thought out and executed SEO can provide valuable returns for your business as well as increase your overall presence and market-share across a particular industry and product division. Making progress takes time but the dividends pay off nicely in the form of new business, lead gen, web traffic, and potential sales.
What have been your biggest challenges with SEO for your business? If you have other resources, tools, or guides that you’ve found to be helpful and beneficial feel free to share them in the comments below or tweet them out on Twitter mentioning this post.