The Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs recently came out with their B2B Content Marketing 2014 Benchmarks, Budgets, & Trends which gives a complete and thorough overview of the state of B2B Content Marketing in North America. This report, sponsored by BrightCove, is one of the most important studies to read, understand, and review thanks to the extensive research completed to compile the data.
In sharing this report, I’ve pulled some of the key stats, figures, and highlights worth mentioning that you can easily share with your colleagues, followers, and fellow marketers:
– 93% of B2B Marketers use content marketing [click to tweet]
– 42% of B2B Marketers say they are effective at content marketing [click to tweet]
– 44% of B2B Marketers have a documented content strategy [click to tweet]
– 73% of B2B Organizations have someone in place to oversee content marketing strategy [click to tweet]
– 73% of B2B Content marketers are producing more content than they did a year ago [click to tweet]
– B2B Marketers are using social media more frequently than they are last year [click to tweet]
– Brand awareness continues to be the top organizational goal for B2B content marketing [click to tweet]
– 58% of B2B Marketers plan to increase their content marketing budget over the next 12 months [click to tweet]
– On average, 30% of B2B content marketing budgets are allocated to content marketing [click to tweet]
– Writing and design are the two functions most likely to be outsourced [click to tweet]
Good news here for B2B contenting marketing based on the findings and reported statistics from The Contenting Marketing Institute (@CMIContent) and MarketingProfs (@MarketingProfs). Credit due to Joe Pulizzi (@JoePulizzi) and Ann Handley (@AnnHandley) for an amazing job putting together this report and to help spark the content marketing revolution.
What are some of the key stats that stood out to you from the report? Share them below or click on the [click to tweet] buttons next to each stat and tweet those out onto Twitter.